What You Need
5 1/4 cups low sodium chicken stock
2 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
12 rice cake ovalettes (can find in freezer section of Korean/Asian grocery stores)
3 eggs, beaten
2 green onions, thinly sliced
garnish: green onions, thinly sliced, cracked black pepper
1. Pour broth into a pot, add garlic, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Allow mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes.
2. Turn heat up to medium, bringing mixture to a soft boil. Add rice cake ovalettes and continue to boil for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Slowly drizzle eggs into the broth, in a very thin stream.
4. Once all of the beaten eggs have been incorporated, very gently stir in green onions.
5. Ladle into bowls and garnish with more green onions if desired and cracked black pepper.
Recipe Credit: Spoon Fork Bacon